Saturday, December 29, 2007

Jay had to work this morning...I hate when he has to work on Saturdays! (This from the person who worked every Saturday January - April this past year) I did, however, have the chance to start working on some more thank you notes! To anyone who is getting married anytime in the future: DO NOT procrastinate writing thank you notes. We got back from the honeymoon, and I had to go back to work right away, and Jay was moving in....then I got sick and could barely drag myself to work....and then we went to Taos for Christmas. So, it's been almost a month and I'm still writing! I have found that I can only write about five notes in one sitting. Anymore than that...and my handwriting gets sloppy, I misspell words, etc.

On the subject of giving thanks and working on Saturdays...I'm soo excited and thankful that my firm has decided to go to a 45 hour work week during tax season!! This means no more working 54 hour weeks (including half days every Saturday). We will only have to work 4 Saturdays (2 in March and 2 in April). They will be full days, though, but I'm excited about it anyways. There was an article about the firm in the Clarion-Ledger earlier this month. Everyone is really excited about it, yet slightly skeptical. I have been assigned A TON of returns (apparently they assume you get smarter once you pass the exam), so I may be working more than the "requirement", but it is still a lot less pressure knowing that less is expected/required. I love love my job! :)

No comments: