Saturday, May 10, 2008

Getting ready to leave!

1 day til Jamaica!!

Jay is graduating this morning! I'm so excited that he is finally finished with his MBA. Now I feel kind of guilty for quitting grad school...but there is no way in you-know-where I am going back. Passing the exam is acccomplishment enough for me. I'm much prouder of that than of graduating from college.

This past week has been kind of crazy trying to wrap things up here. We've also had some big decisions to make and a lot to discuss. Big news to come, when we get back :)

Now for some food pictures (yes, I know I'm weird) from this week! No cooking disasters this week, and the experiment is still going well (thankfully). Now I'm actually enjoying cooking dinner every night. It's something I look forward to when I get home because it's relaxing. It's sad, but I think I'm going to miss cooking next week! LOL

This was a flat iron steak. I saw a picture in Southern Living and it looked so good that I had to try it. I had always avoided cooking one because it was a cut of meat my mother (a great cook) never made when I was growing up. I was doubtful, but it turned out really tender and delicious. It definitely got Jay's approval! :)




Chicken Salad Turnovers from Southern Sideboards with Mock Hollandaise. My Aunt Cynthia reccomended this recipe, and it is a definite make-again.



Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas. A Rachael Ray recipe. I made my own shredded chicken (using chicken breasts) to keep it on track with WW. Delicious and healthy - as far as enchiladas go!



Pepper Lime Chicken Strips. These were from the Better Homes & Garden Cookbook. Everyone should have either this cookbook or the Betty Crocker Cookbook (I happen to have both, due to gifts-they are very similar). They both have so much information about basics: cooking safety, handling meat, freshness, etc. A lot of the recipes are kind of basic, but they are perfect for people just starting to cook on a regular basis (i.e. me).

No comments: