Monday, May 26, 2008

Update on cooking experiment

Well, the cooking experiment is working out quite well! I feel very domestic! This past week, I focused on cooking lighter to makeup for those rich meals in Jamaica.

Grilled Shrimp Skewers from All Things Good (The St. Andrews Cathedral cookbook...great recipes!)



Grilled Chicken Parmesan from Get Real (Rachael Ray's low carb recipe book...her best, IMO, of course). The chicken parmesan was grilled instead of breaded and fried and baked with tomato sauce and cheese. Much healthier than the original!



Caramelized onions: I'm not quite sure that I've mastered these yet, but they were still good.



Chicken Tostadas. I could not find tomatillo salsa anywhere! So I had to substitute Rotel tomatoes...it was still good, though.



Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. These are the Bravo! recipe from All Things Good. They were so delicious! They were tossed in a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing and then grilled.I'm definitely making these again! :)



Balsamic Chicken in Pesto Gravy from Rachael Ray's Just in Time cookbook. I didn't particularly care for this dish, which is odd, because I absolutely love anything with balsamic vinegar, and I also love pesto. It did, however, receive rave reviews from Jay, so I may make it again.



Pico de Gallo Quesadillas. These were so good. I love pico de gallo, but I had never made it before. I was surprised at how few ingredients are in it and how easy it was.



And last, but not least...the winner of the week: Crab Cakes with Basil Tartar Sauce from All Things Good. This may very well be my new favorite cookbook.

No comments: