Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ceremony, Oxford weekend, and a growing puppy










The ceremony was yesterday morning. It was at the Capitol in the Supreme Court room. There were 22 of us receiving our certificates. I know that there were more people who passed recently but they chose not to come. The oldest practicing CPA in the state (he's 84) was the speaker. I hope when I'm that old, I'm not still worrying about like-kind exchanges and debits and credits.
Jay, my parents, and Grandmother were there to cheer me on. My dad took so many pictures that I rolled my eyes and said "Daaaaad, stop taking pictures! I'm tired of smiling!" (Just like when I was in junior high and high school). I even had to stand up there a few extra minutes when receiving my certificate so Jay and my dad could get pictures.
We all went to Keifer's (my favorite) afterwards. My mom, as always, had something special to celebrate the occassion, thus the cookie cake above. It was sugar -- and so good!
Jay and I got to Double Decker late. We enjoyed walking around and looking at the art, pottery, and jewelry for sale. There was a lot of food too. I don't think that I have ever seen so many "different" looking people (piercings, tattoos, goths, skaters, etc.) in Oxford as I did yesterday. A lot of stores were having sales, and I got a fabulous DvF dress (on sale!!!) at Village Tailor. We ate at Ajax Saturday night.
We bumped into Robert & Megan on the square Saturday night. I am always convinced that
1) no one reads my blog
2)people read my blog and think that I am really weird (not too far-fetched! haha)
Well, I learned otherwise! They both read my blog and Megan is a huge GWTW fan like me too! Thank goodness there is another one!!
We picked up Abby from the vet this afternoon. She weighs 8.3 pounds now! She has gained 2 pounds since we left her there. She has been wheezing lately so we asked the vet on duty to look at her while she was being boarded. We were worried she had asthma. It turns out that she has seasonal allergies, and now we have to figure out how to give her two pills a day.

1 comment:

Robert Chapman said...

GWTW. Meg tried to make me watch that movie all the way through in one sitting. I wanted to die. Glad we bumped into ya'll!