Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Cooking & Puppy Parents

I decided that for the next two or three months, I am going to try out three or four recipes a week. I'm going to try to cook a variety of recipes: quick, healthy, elaborate. This is an attempt to make eating at home more enticing...and to give me a new hobby :) The first new recipe was last night. I chose a quick one from Rachael Ray's Get Real cookbook. Who would have thought Rachael would have a low carb cookbook with all of those pasta dishes she makes on her show?!?!

Anyways, my mom had reccomended the recipe to me - Portobello Pepperoni Pizzas. I figured that since we both like portobello mushrooms and pizza, it would go over well. Jay did not care for them at all. (I told him that he had to be honest with me and that I would be FURIOUS if he told me hated something after I made it five or six times). I thought they were a decent healthy alternative.

The Clarion-Ledger had an article yesterday about dogs modeling clothes for a charity. Everyone was laughing about the silly outfits the dogs were wearing (seriously, dogs need sunglasses???) Then I had to admit that Abby has a few sweaters, we took her to have her picture made with Santa, and that she "likes" wearing her sweaters. Yes, I know. It's not normal. We don't have kids. In all fairness, Abby is boarded at the vet's office, not Chateau Le Pooch. Classical music for dogs? I don't think so. Abby is not THAT spoiled. Hopefully we will not spoil our kids like that! :)

1 comment:

Robert Chapman said...

I have to admit, we've got Maggie Belle booked at the chateau . . . but we're pathetic, so it's okay.