Monday, April 21, 2008

Update! (finally)

It's been forever since I have posted (sorry). Things got kind of crazy at work, and I wouldn't be doing anything other than complaining about that, so no one missed anything. :) Jay and I have also had some things going on that we can't exactly broadcast over the Internet...not yet at least. Hopefully that story will have an ending that I can share soon! It is so awkward writing/talking about your life and leaving out huge chunks of what you are thinking about, praying about, and stressing about.

Anyways, tax season went really well this year. The whole 45 hour a week thing worked out really really well...until the last week and a half, that is. Of course, it's no one's fault that NE Jackson got hit with a tornado and our electricity was off for two and half days at the office. We (I) worked 65-70 hours that last full week before deadline. I know people work crazy hours like that year-round, but there is NO way that I could ever do that. I mean, it requires so much concentration, at least for me it does! One thing I noticed this year is that I feel so much more confident about my work and things that once seemed so difficult are now almost second nature. I know it's dorky, but I do love my job! My boss(es) don't read this blog, I swear; I really do mean that :)

Updates on the homefront:
1. Last week when I was off,I totally reorganized our closet and picked up the HUGE pile of clothes on the floor. It was driving Jay crazy. (Thanks Leigh, for making fun of me!)

2. We got a patio set for the backyard. It looks great! I'm very excited. We grilled out last night (Sunday night tradition at our house) and ate outside! I'm sure that this won't last too much longer, but we can at least enjoy it while the weather is so gorgeous.

3. Abby started digging holes. She is quite the little digger! Not cool!

I am reading Rhett Butler's People right now. My mom loaned it to me, along with the new John Grisham novel, which I read in about 2 days (It is a must read!!) I'm not sure about how feel about this "companion" to Gone With the Wind. So far, it has been pretty believable, unlike that awful disaster years ago Scarlett (insert shudder here). What self respecting GWTW fan would believe that garbage about Scarlett going to Ireland and marrying some abusive Brit?!?! I don't think so. I have read GWTW four times (I think) and this summer, I will make it five. Anyways, Rhett Butler's People is like GWTW, but it focuses on Rhett - his background and why he is who he is. Belle Watling's character is developed more as well. Has anyone else been curious about her? I have always wondered about her. The book (GWTW) hints at the fact that Rhett fathered her child, but the child is only mentioned in passing in the movie. It will be interesting to see what the author has dreamed up regarding her illegitmate child.

Jay and I went to see 88 Seconds Saturday night. It was actually an okay movie. We both love thrillers, and this one wasn't bad. It is a bit graphic in the first few minutes of the movie, but it didn't last, fortunately. LeeLee Sobieski is in the movie. Remember her, the Mathlete dork from Never Been Kissed who gets Alpo dumped on her at the prom? It is interesting to see her in a movie with Al Pacino. Definitely not his greatest movie, but certainly undeserving of the awful reviews it received. Nothing good is out in the movies right now :(

No comments: