Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Get Lucky

Ok, I think I have a new website to worry about shopping too much on now. Ebay and Anthropologie are bad enough as it is, but now one of my favorite stores in Oxford, Get Lucky is now on the web. You really must visit the bricks and mortar store if you are in Oxford (it's on University). They have also opened a new store in Hattiesburg that I fully intend to visit the next time I'm down there visiting my mom's family.

Most of their stuff is in smaller sizes - 0,2,4,6. I believe that I have seen a few things in a size 8. A lot of their stock is samples, and it is my understanding that these are usually small sizes. Everything is so unique, and the prices are great (compared to retail). They carry lines such as Anna Sui, Nieves Lavi, Beth Bowley, Nikka New York, Adam+Eve, and my personal favorite, Prairie New York. A lot of this stuff isn't available around here - imagine that, considering our not so hot shopping scene here! I personally hate seeing someone wearing the exact same thing that I am (it drives me crazy!!!) but you won't have that problem if you shop at Get Lucky.

My first purchase (via the website - I've shopped in store before) arrived today. I ordered late Friday night, so that is relatively fast shipping -- and shipping is FREE through the end of April. The damages: a Prairie New York dress (cream with blue and brown peacocks), a yellow/gold Prairie New York top, and a grey Adam+Eve top.

For all of you ebay-ers out there, they do have an ebay store. Again, more great stuff! :) I stumbled across it by chance the other day.

Anyways, I apologize for my exuberance, but anyone who knows me in real life -and I imagine that's pretty much my blog audience - knows that my life-long goal has been to have my own boutique one day. I tend to envy anyone who has reached that goal already. Don't get me wrong, I love being a CPA (no, really I do) but I think being an entrepreneur and your own boss is ultimately the best gig out there. And if you can combine that with something you're passionate about, then what more can you ask for??

No comments: