Saturday, June 21, 2008

This Past Week....

Last Saturday, Audrea was in town to go to her family reunion in Gloster. She came over for dinner. We even talked her into trying Wii bowling...and I think she liked it. It was great to catch up with her, even though Jay was in the background screaming at Tiger Woods.

We grilled out shrimp using this recipe. I really reccomend trying this recipe. We enjoyed it. I also made homemade salsa. It was really easy, using the food processor.




Since it was Father's Day Sunday, Jay and I went to Honey and Papaw's for lunch. David and Caroline and Mr. Mooney came over for dinner Sunday night. We grilled out again...although not so easily as the night before. The propane tank ran out of gas when we were preheating the grill. Jay had to run and exchange it.

This is my favorite salad EVER. It is the Mixed Baby Greens and Strawberry Salad from Come On In!.



My favorite cheese ball that my Aunt Joan brings to family functions.



Deviled Chicken Strips from All Things Good. I cut out a lot of the breadcrumbs to make it heathier.



Everything Chicken Rolls stuffed with Scallion Cream Cheese from Rachael Ray's 365: No Repeats. I baked these in the oven instead of frying and used lowfat cream cheese to make them healthier.



I also attempted onion rings and learned this important lesson: onion rings are best gotten on the outside. The breading all fell off. The sauce, however, was really good. I think I may try grilling onion rings (no breading, with just a little olive oil). I used the Fried Onion Rings with Spicy Dipping Sauce from Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals 2.



Garlic Chicken Pizza. (I changed this recipe up and used my own crust). I LOVE fresh cilantro!



Attention Shrimp! from Come On In!. This is one of my favorite shrimp recipes. I also like it because it is written for two people (no math involved!)



Leigh brought her two precious angels over to play with Abby on her birthday.



We got some special dog treats for Abby's birthday from Cakes and Candles. We also got her some Poochie Pearls.

No comments: