Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Busy Saturday

I ended up going into work this morning. I didn't technically HAVE to (it's not one of the four Saturdays that we have to work during tax season) but I really needed to. I got so much done! It's amazing how no distractions make all of the difference!!!

The weather today is GORGEOUS. I wish it would stay like this. I took a long walk this afternoon, and I really want to go ride around with the top down.

I am so excited about Valentine's Day. We have a little tradition of having a picnic in the living room, with candles and snacky, appetizer type food. We go out to eat pretty frequently, and I hate crowds, so going out on Valentine's Day is not really something I look forward to. Last year, I was working so much that I didn't really get a chance to make anything too special. But this year, the menu is going to be really good (and relatively diet friendly). We are having:
  • Stuffed mushrooms
  • Chicken "cigars" (spicy chicken in phyllo)
  • Shrimp Dean Martinis (shrimp cocktail)
  • Strawberries with fluff dip

I'll post the recipes if everything turns out ok.

I'm not sure how we are going to handle Abby, since she is a new addition this year. I guess we'll put her in the backyard to play, although she hates being out there after dark. I'm sure she'll start barking and how romantic is that? Ugh! It's almost like she's a child and needs a babysitter. It's going to be a LONG time before that actually happens.

No comments: