Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Phone drama, and a yucky pot roast

So I dropped my phone in the bathtub last night. This is the second phone that has drowned. Jay was attempting to see if my SIM card still worked and it fell between the center console and the driver's seat in his car. And we can't find it....So no phone, no SIM card.

This morning we went to go get another one. Jay had been planning to get me a red Blackberry for Valentine's Day. So I got my present a little early :) I love it so far!

A couple of people I work with make pot roast on a regular basis in their Crock Pots. I decided it might be a good idea to try it. My mom made roast very regularly when I was growing up and it was definitely a treat. She was a stay-at-home-mom, so she never used a Crock Pot (except to heat up dip...and to make Martha Washington candy at Christmas). The roast did not turn out well AT ALL. It had a decent flavor but it was really dry. Ick! Jay didn't seem to mind it, but I think I'll put the Crock Pot away for a little while, or at least until I make some dip :)

The pot roast that I made called for herbs de provence. My MIL gave me a cool stainless steel spinning spice rack at one of my showers and it had some in it. I had no clue what it was, but I looked it up (Google has an answer for everything) and this is what I learned.

No comments: