Thursday, January 10, 2008

Menu planning and certifications

Gripe of the Day: Abby and I went for a walk tonight. She loves going with me because she can explore and she likes to see other people. Another dog got in her face tonight and snapped at her. She was very frightened and started whimpering. I snatched her up before the Dalmatian did any damage. The Dalmatian wasn't on a leash. This is the second time a large dog running loose scared Abby while we were walking. If I can figure out who to call and complain to about this, I am going to! There are leash laws! She could have been hurt, not to mention the kids that could be hurt by big dogs just wandering around.

Today, I went with one of the partners who is a CFP to the Financial Planning Association of Jackson meeting. The topic was business valuations, an area that I am very interested in. I worked on a couple of business valuations at my former job, and now I am working on another. Eventually I would like to get my CVA or ABV certification. It will be awhile before I can get it because you have to be a CPA for awhile before you can get the additional certification.

Work has been coming in and finally I'm busy again! I love having a lot to do. It makes the day go by soooo much faster.

Jay has his review class again tonight. I have worked on some thank you notes and flipped through some recipe books. Jay's dad is coming to dinner on Sunday night and I am trying to plan the menu. I love looking at cookbooks and planning more elaborate meals than we usually eat. The tentative menu is:

Roasted pork tenderloin in creole mustard (Did you know pork tenderloin is healthier than chicken? I just found that out)
Mashed potatoes with green onions and Parmesan
Garlic bread
Salad with homemade garlic salad dressing

I can't decide whether to make frozen berry yogurt in my new Cuisinart ice cream maker or to make Key Lime Cheesecake in one of my new spring form pans. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

No comments: