Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year!




Today is our one month anniversary!

We had a good New Year's Eve. Jay and I both had to work, but he was sent home at 2:30, and I was sent home at 4:00. Dinner with David and Lucy was...interesting. Jay had never grilled steaks before on his new gas grill. They were very rare, so he and David took them back out. Mine was fine (I like medium rare), but they took them back out (again). They were still pretty pink, but edible. I guess it goes to show that my mom's number one rule is right: never serve guests anything that you have never made before.

The brownies turned out to be hard as rocks. I was so excited about my new (red) silicone bakeware that I just had to use it. I think it might have overcooked the brownies. Oh well.

Jay and I went with Leigh to Fire for the New Year's Eve Party. US was playing, and it was a lot of fun. Somehow, I always feel better about myself after leaving Fire. I'm not exactly sure why. Perhaps it's growing up and having a "big girl" job that has dulled the allure of going out. Or maybe it's being settled down.
I couldn't sleep this morning, so I got up and went to the mall. There was hardly anyone there, except a few mall walkers. There was NOTHING in the stores to buy! I really don't know why they were even open. I bought the makeup I needed -- plus a little more; it's easy to get carried at the MAC counter! Jay is watching bowl games for the rest of the day so I will probably amuse myself by writing more of those thank you notes.

No comments: