Friday, January 11, 2008

Reflections on marriage

Jay and I went and had dinner at The Bulldog tonight. There is a healthy blackened chicken sandwich on a wheat roll that I can have on my new eating plan. And I had a little treat too: sweet potato fries. Yummy!

I was thinking tonight how fortunate we are to have found one another through tall of the bad dysfunctional relationships we had both been through. How wonderful that we don't have to stress anymore about first dates, how to pick up guys (or girls in Jay's case), and how at the end of the day, we're never alone. I really love that I can talk to Jay about anything, and that we don't have to do anything but snuggle and watch TV. I'm not quite at the point where I can say washing his underwear and socks is a pleasure (fat chance of that ever happening), but I do love to take care of him and make sure he gets dinner when he gets home from class. I love doing the everyday mundane things with him: cooking dinner, going to the grocery store, and taking walks with Abby together. I love that we can pray together, when we have our daily devotional together; this has brought us so much closer together.

Newlywed gushing aside...Jay has class tomorrow morning (and Sunday afternoon) :( I hate him being gone. I have a few more returns left to make to Belk and a few more errands to run, so I should stay pretty busy.

Extra hours start on Monday...and so do the firm-provided lunches. I'm going to have to steer clear. A menu was posted today. Chimneyville banana pudding and Mazzio's lasagna don't exactly fit into to the new healthy eating plan. A bit of irony: a signup sheet for an office Weight Watchers group was posted right next to unhealthy non-rabbit food menu. Everyone is going to need WW if they eat like that for three months!

No comments: